Cannonvale State School is located at Cannonvale in the beautiful Whitsunday region of North Queensland. We offer classes for students from Prep to Year 6.
Members of our school community work closely together to provide a learning environment which is safe and supportive and in which children are able to reach their potential.
Our school is well resourced with a 25 metre swimming pool, four tennis courts, a multi-purpose hall and Outside School Hours Care facilities directly opposite the school.
Students have an opportunity to join in many extracurricular activities at the school including access to specialist swimming and tennis coaching, school choir, concert band, and other events such as musicals when they are scheduled.
At Cannonvale State School our goal is to improve the learning outcomes of every student in our school so that they reach their full potential. Cannonvale State School’s Improvement Agenda targets this year are:
- 50% As and Bs in Mathematics in all year levels.
- 50% of students will score 50% or above on the Term 4 FNQ maths test (Year 1-6).
- 50% of students will score the year level benchmark or above on the Term 4 basic facts test.
- Year 3, 40% in the U2Bs in NAPLAN Numeracy.
- Year 5, 30% in the U2Bs in NAPLAN Numeracy.
Cannonvale State School is a great school and you are most welcome here.