To be eligible for “Full Cost of Travel” to and from school, primary school pupils must live further than 3.2 kilometres by the shortest trafficable route from the nearest state school.
Forms are available from Whitsunday Transit (Phone 4946 1800 or website www.whitsundaytransit.com.au) which is the licensed service for this school. Parents are asked to note the conditions of travel and ensure that their children abide by the Code of Conduct for bus travel. Any concerns about incidents that occur on the bus should be communicated to Whitsunday Transit.
Parents are asked to notify the school if their child travels to and / or from school by bus, and of any changes to bus travel if they occur i.e. change of route or ceasing to use the bus. This information assists with our emergency plans in case of such events as cyclone or flooding.
Conditions of travel
- Students travelling by bus should request a copy of the Code of Conduct from the bus driver.
- Parents should notify the manager of the bus company if they are concerned about behaviour on the bus: phone (07) 4946 1800.
- Bus passes must be produced for the driver upon request. These are not transferable.
- Damaged passes will be replaced at a nominal fee provided the damaged pass is produced and is identifiable. Parents will be required to pay a replacement fee for lost passes.
- A new application form is required to be completed when a child changes school or address.
- Parents are requested to advise the bus company when a child no longer travels on a particular service.
- The Department of Transport reserves the right to withdraw travel assistance if investigations show the student is ineligible.
If you choose to use public transport these are the closest bus stops:
For pick-up and drop-off please see our section Kiss and Go Zone.